Pass CPA Exam: Wiley CPA Exam Review

This book is alright and I felt prepared for the exam. However, one complaint, is that just like the eWiley online site, there are numerous mathematical errors. Spelling errors, that's OK, but mathematical errors are not. Wastes time trying to figure out what went wrong. For all of the ones that I figured out what went wrong, it makes me wonder how much information that I spent so much time learning was just a typo. It's still a reasonably expensive book. They need to stop being so lazy and proofread their stuff before publishing.

Also there was some blatantly incorrect information in the book. This surprised me as this is the 2009 edition, and I thought everything would be up to speed. These were not huge items of information, but it did occur more than once.

I studied with Becker the first time I took BEC, and got a 74. The second time around, I was starting to memorize questions and felt I just needed another perspective on the information. The Wiley book was good for this purpose, but I don't know how someone would pass with this book alone. Becker is far superior in terms of organization and focusing on test applicable material. Wiley was much more indepth, sometimes too detail oriented.

Overall the book was helpful, and I would recommend it as supplemental material for anyone sitting for the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment